Double Ribbon MicrophoneBeyerdynamic is one of the few manufacturers in the world who are still producing ribbon microphones. The classic among them is the dynamic double microphone M 160.
The M 160's excellent transmission quality and its hyper-ning characteristics with a noise suppression of 25 dB at 110 °, which suppresses lateral sound reflections and disturbing external sound, makes the M160 an ideal microphone whether the demands are placed on the recording or transmission technology. It is recommended both for stringed instruments such as violin, viola and cello as well as for the acceptance of piano and grand piano and for drums for the hi-hat. Ideal for saxophone.
The black chrome-plated surface of the M 160 and its extremely small dimensions allow it to be used both in television and in film studios, where it is important to avoid the reflections of light and the inconspicuousness of the microphone.
In combination with the dynamic double microphone M 130, the M 160 is ideal for stereo recording in MS (mid-side) technology.
- Pure aluminum membrane
- Polar pattern: Hyper cardioid
- Instrument recording - especially saxophone
- Drum miking (toms, hi-hat)
- MS stereophony with the M 130
- Frequency response: 40 Hz-18 kHz
- Nominal impedance: 200 Ohm
- Very good frequency response
- Excellent transparency and transient response
- Compact and robust design
- Warm and natural sound
- Bracket included
- Length: 156 mm
- Shaft diameter: 23 mm
- Head diameter: 38 mm
- Weight without cable: 156 g
We're looking forward to hearing from you and aim to solve any problems as soon as we can.